Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These spicy delectable treats are a great but surprising appetizer for a party. You may want to warn your guest these are alcoholic before they taste!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed,stems removed
- 2 cups vodka
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 cup coarse-ground sea salt
- Pierce each tomato 4-5 times with a toothpick.
- Place the tomatoes in a straight sided bowl and add the vodka over the top to cover.
- Add 4 or 5 jalapeno slices.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight When ready to serve, lay the tomatoes in a shallow bowl and pour enough vodka to come about halfway up the side of the tomatoes.
- Place the salt in a small bowl for dipping the tomatoes.
- (a small dip is all it takes!).
Served these tonight at a small get-together. The crowd were all bloody mary lovers and thought that these tomatoes were great. I do a similar vodka marinade for cherry tomatoes for my Christmas party buffet, but have a different dip. The addition of jalapeno made these tomatoes spicy and different.