Hag chef's Note:
Creamy tomato sauce, with a kick! Serve over pasta, and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine vodka and red pepper flakes. Set aside for 1 hour. (prep time does not include the standing time for vodka and pepper flakes).
- 2Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic, for about a minute, until fragrant, and just starting to colour. Watch it doesn't get too brown.
- 3Pour in vodka mixture, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Add the parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- 5Crush tomatoes, and stir in with 2 cans of tomato sauce, and 1 (8 ounce) can water. Simmer 15 minutes. Stir in 1 cup heavy cream, and cook 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Vodka Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.5
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 422.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g