Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy tomato sauce, with a kick! Serve over pasta, and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup vodka
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can roma tomatoes, with juice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a small bowl, combine vodka and red pepper flakes. Set aside for 1 hour. (prep time does not include the standing time for vodka and pepper flakes).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic, for about a minute, until fragrant, and just starting to colour. Watch it doesn't get too brown.
- Pour in vodka mixture, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Crush tomatoes, and stir in with 2 cans of tomato sauce, and 1 (8 ounce) can water. Simmer 15 minutes. Stir in 1 cup heavy cream, and cook 2 minutes.