Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy to make, and hard to ruin vodka sauce.
- 1 lb uncooked pasta (penne, campanelli)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vodka (or small sample bottle)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) sweet Italian sausage
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat. Remove casing from sausage and add to skillet. Cook, breaking up the meat, until brown. Add garlic and red pepper and cook, stirring until garlic is golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomatoe sauce and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add vodka and cream and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and add pasta, toss for 1 minute. Stir in fresh parsley, cheese, and serve.