Recipe by Super San Mateo Chefs
Delightful vodka cream sauce with hot sausage. Very satisfing main dish.
Top Review by Zenserotonin
Yum! Who knew vodka would liberate so much flavor from the sausage and spread it around in the cream sauce? Between the tomato, spices, and aromatics, this is a dish that makes a great template for monkeying around with variations. Thank you for posting.
- 4 andouille sausages or 4 hot Italian sausage links
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 236.59 ml vodka
- 236.59 ml marinara sauce
- 907.18 g can crushed tomatoes
- 14.79 ml red pepper
- 453.59 g rigatoni pasta or 453.59 g penne pasta
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- 118.29 ml fresh basil leaf, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice sausage links into ½ inch rounds and brown for several minutes in a large sauté pan.
- Add butter, garlic, and shallots. Sauté shallots for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add vodka and heat 4-5 minutes to reduce vodka by half.
- Add marinara sauce, can tomatoes and red pepper. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta until it is al dente.
- Add cream into sauce and return to a boil.
- Add drain pasta to the sauce and add the basil leaves.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.