1/1 Photo of Spicy Vodka Cream Pasta With Hot Sausage
Super San Mateo Chefs's Note:
Delightful vodka cream sauce with hot sausage. Very satisfing main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 andouille sausages or 4 hot Italian sausage links
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta or 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Slice sausage links into ½ inch rounds and brown for several minutes in a large sauté pan.
- 2Add butter, garlic, and shallots. Sauté shallots for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Add vodka and heat 4-5 minutes to reduce vodka by half.
- 4Add marinara sauce, can tomatoes and red pepper. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- 5While sauce is simmering, cook pasta until it is al dente.
- 6Add cream into sauce and return to a boil.
- 7Add drain pasta to the sauce and add the basil leaves.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Vodka Cream Pasta With Hot Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 810.2
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 144.1 mg
- Sodium 844.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: