Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These veggies are a great change with marvelous taste!! A version of "Panch Charchari" from the local newpaper. Use as much or as little curry paste as you wish. Gives a great lift to a meal served with fish, poultry of any kind of meat, or serve alone over rice.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 lb new potato
- 1⁄4 lb shallot, quartered
- 1⁄2 baby eggplant, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 lb fresh green beans or 1⁄4 lb frozen green beans
- 1⁄4 lb fresh peas or 1⁄4 lb frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup canned chopped tomato
- 3 -4 teaspoons curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Saute the mustard seeds until they pop.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Stir in the poatotes and shallots, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the eggplant, beans, peas and tomatoes.
- Mix in the curry paste and half the coriander.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mustard seeds and sprinkle with the remaining coriander leaves before serving.
Wow.. let me tell you, this is a wonderful dish!! Of course, being the curry queen lol I used TONS of curry paste! I served it with poultry and rice...but I just ate this lol :-) It was spectacular!!! It took a bit longer for me to cook, however after the 20mins I didnt really time it, sorry :-( Anywho...I have SEVERAL people that I plan to share this with!! Thanks so much!!!