Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great soup for a night when you need something warm, nutritious, and fast. It cooks up in about 20 minutes.
- Dice onion, celery, pepper, and garlic.
- In a small dutch oven heat olive oil over medium high heat. When you can smell the oil's fragrance put in the onion, celery, and bell pepper.
- Saute on medium high for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add in the garlic. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add Merlot to the pan. Be careful when you do this that you don't splash yourself.
- Stir another minute being sure to scrap the bottom of the pot to get all the good stuff from the vegetables carmelizing.
- Add in the can of tomatoes, water and spices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Optional: You can blend this together for a smoother consistency.