Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a co-worker. She added ground beef in hers. It is really good without it, and really quick to prepare. You could add some cheese on top and serve this with a crisp salad, and you have a great meal.
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (choose the size based on how spicy you want it)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups water (add more or less depending on the consistency you like)
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot; don't bother to drain the liquid from the ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Simmer covered on low heat for one hour.
Just made this soup. It is absolutely delish!!! It is super flavorful. And the best part - so easy to make!!! Just dump everything in the pot. Will definitley save this recipe to make it again. :)
I topped it with sour cream and shredded cheese and made some cornbread on the side. Paired perfectly.