Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love this recipe because it is gorgeous and everything except the peppers is in the pantry. This can be assembled in the time it takes to preheat the oven. To make in advance, bake the stuffed peppers without the cheese. Add it when you reheat the peppers.
- 4 -6 bell peppers (I use poblano)
- 1 1⁄2 cups beans (I use 1 can pinto)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes (I use 1 can with diced chiles)
- 2 cups rice (I use 1 pkg brown ready rice)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro or 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded cheese (I use cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
- Combine remaining ingredients except cheese and fill peppers.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese as desired.
- Return to oven to melt cheese.