Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This chilli is substantial on its own but can be served over rice or rolled inside a flour tortilla with grated cheese. This always tastes better to me the next day.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweetcorn
- 1 (14 ounce) canchopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 2 zucchini, diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pan Stir in the onion, cover and cook for 7 minutes until softened Add the rest of the ingredients except the zucchini.
- Bring to a boil and stir well Cover and cook for 15 minutes Add the zucchini, cover and cook for 8 minutes or so until the vegetables are tender Season and serve.
This is an excellent chili and very easy to prepare. Thanks for the recipe.
This is *very* good the only reason I did not give it 5 stars was that I added 2 things. I needed about 1 cup water because there was not enough liquid from the tomatoes. Then I added 3 ounces of tomato paste because I wanted it more red like chili. I used 1 red and 1 yellow pepper in making this today. I could eat the whole pot!!! I *will* make this again. Made for *Healthy Choices ABC Tag* game