Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is adopted from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (include celery top or leaves)
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 5 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (12 ounce) packagesvegetarian veggie crumbles
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in the celery, peppers, and garlic.
- When vegetables are heated through, mix in the vegetarian burger crumbles.
- Cover pot and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes.
- Add chili powder and black pepper.
- Stir in the beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, and continue at a simmer until 5 minutes before serving.
Excellent, spicy vegetarian chili.