Recipe by Mary in LA.
When it is cold out or you feel like your coming down with some sickness. A good pot of soup always help me.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup green bell pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: I try to make my soup the day before.
- For some reason it always taste good the next day.
- Cook ground beef,onion,bell pepper and garlic over medium heat,stirring until meat is crumbled and no longer pink.
- Drain fat from pan.
- Add water,celery,sugar,salt, black pepper,carrot and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat and simmer, stirring often.
- After 20 minutes of cooking stir in tomatoes,chiles and mixed vegetables, return to boil.
- Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread.