1/3 Photos of Spicy Vegetable Soup
2 hrs 30 mins
LOUISE GOLDEN's Note:
A soup that hits the spot no matter what time of year. You can add as many types of vegetable as you like. Cooking the raw vegetables with the oil and spices before you add any type of broth intensifies the flavor of the soup. Store bought broth works fine. Need to consider salt content when using store bought broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 diced onion
- 5 potatoes (about 2 cups diced)
- 2 carrots (about 1 cup diced)
- celery (about 1 cup chopped)
- 14 1/2 ounces green beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 14 1/2 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with peppers
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 -8 cups chicken stock or 6 -8 cups beef stock
- 1Begin first by dicing raw vegetables into required amounts making sure they are pretty much the same size.
- 2In a large stock pot saute onion in vegetable oil.
- 3Add carrots, potatoes, celery, spinach and all the spices(salt,chili powder, garlic salt, black pepper) cook until tender.
- 4Add diced petite tomatoes and Ro-tel tomatoes with green chilies,.
- 5corn, green beans, bay leaves and stock.
- 6Add water if needed.
- 7Bring to a boil and then simmer for two to three hours.
- 8The last hour simmer with a lid on stock pot.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.7
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.3 mg
- Sodium 803.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with peppers