Recipe by yogi
Found this yummy dish in Prevention magazine. I like the fact that you can play with the seasonings on the veggies so it'll be spicy or mild, whatever you like! Tasty, low-cal, and 7 g protein, 3 g. fiber per serving... not bad!!!
Top Review by Georgia Charlotte
I really enjoyed this. I was a bit skeptical as I was cooking the crepes (they smelled like omelettes) but they turned out really nice and they went very well with the vegetables. Next time I might add some of the cumin right in to the crepes, experiment a little. Thanks!
- 1 cup garbanzo flour
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 large cauliflower florets, finely chopped (I used a liitle over a cup, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 scallion, thin sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 8" nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over med.
- Place flour in a bowl and gradually wisk in water to make a smooth thin batter.
- Add more water if needed.
- Whisk in 2 T oil, egg, and 1/8 tsp of the salt and pepper.
- Pour about 3 T of batter in the pan and quickly tilt to spread batter and coat bottom of the skillet.
- (Mine turned out about 6-7 inches in diameter. The recipe says it will make 16 cakes total, I made about 10) Cook until lightly brown, about 1 minute, then turn the pancake and cook 30-45 seconds more.
- Slide onto a plate, cook up the remaining pancakes, then cover with foil to keep them warm.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and add onion, zucchini, cauliflower, ginger, cumin, and red pepper.
- Cover and cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, scallion, remaining salt and pepper.
- At this point I tasted and adjusted the seasonings to my tastes (which means I added more red pepper!) Cook, covered, till vegetables are tender.
- Place a pancake on a plate, spoon vegetables on it and roll up.