Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
We snack on these during football and basketball season when the games are on TV.
Top Review by Nikoma
Hard for me to rate this fairly since I made a bunch of changes. But what I will say is that I LOVED the Mushrooms and Zucchini. I never would have thought of it! As for changes - I left out the bell pepper (bf doesn't like them) Used green onions (what I had) Cut the chili powder in half (I found the chili powder taste to strong. Not -hot- strong, just chili powdery strong)I used pepper jack cheese (didn't measure, just grated over) And I mixed the cilantro with about 1 tbsp sour cream per quesadilla (I stacked instead of folded). In the end I actually had to go back and make a second batch of 3 for BF's lunch today. Will make these again. Thanks!
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, when pan is hot, add zucchini, mushrooms, pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin, cayenne, and salt.
- Saute and stir for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove vegetables and set aside; wipe skillet clean.
- Spoon vegetable mixture evenly over half of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle each evenly with cheeses and cilantro.
- Fold each tortilla in half.
- Spray same skillet with cooking spray.
- Add tortillas and heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side over medium heat or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Cut into thirds and serve.