Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
We snack on these during football and basketball season when the games are on TV.
Make and share this Spicy Vegetable Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, when pan is hot, add zucchini, mushrooms, pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin, cayenne, and salt.
- Saute and stir for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove vegetables and set aside; wipe skillet clean.
- Spoon vegetable mixture evenly over half of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle each evenly with cheeses and cilantro.
- Fold each tortilla in half.
- Spray same skillet with cooking spray.
- Add tortillas and heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side over medium heat or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Cut into thirds and serve.
Hard for me to rate this fairly since I made a bunch of changes. But what I will say is that I LOVED the Mushrooms and Zucchini. I never would have thought of it! As for changes - I left out the bell pepper (bf doesn't like them) Used green onions (what I had) Cut the chili powder in half (I found the chili powder taste to strong. Not -hot- strong, just chili powdery strong)I used pepper jack cheese (didn't measure, just grated over) And I mixed the cilantro with about 1 tbsp sour cream per quesadilla (I stacked instead of folded). In the end I actually had to go back and make a second batch of 3 for BF's lunch today. Will make these again. Thanks!
These were awesome quesadillas! I did use less cayenne pepper, omitted the green peppers, and cut way back on the chili powder because I'm cooking for kids, but they ate all their veggies and didn't even know it!
I LOVED these quesadillas! They are so easy to use up what you have in the fridge. I made them for lunch and served with guacamole dip. I'll be making these over and over. Thanks for posting!