I found this on recipe circus many years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces soba noodles (or other flat Asian noodle)
- 2 teaspoons hot chili oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 ounces mushroom caps, thinly sliced, stems discarded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in short thin strips
- 2 cups chopped bok choy, leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup canned vegetable broth
- 6 ounces snow peas
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark-roasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional) or 1/4 cup cashews (optional)
- 1Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, heat hot chili oil in large deep skillet or wok over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- 3Add mushrooms, bell pepper and bok choy; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add broth and snow peas; simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally 3-5 minutes.
- 5Add tamari and vinegar.
- 6Drain noodles; add to skillet with vegetables.
- 7Add sesame oil; cook 1 minute, tossing well.
- 8Sprinkle with peanuts or cashews, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Vegetable Lo Mein
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 980.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil
canned vegetable broth