Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on recipe circus many years ago.
- 8 ounces soba noodles (or other flat Asian noodle)
- 2 teaspoons hot chili oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1⁄2 ounces mushroom caps, thinly sliced, stems discarded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in short thin strips
- 2 cups chopped bok choy, leaves and stems
- 1⁄2 cup canned vegetable broth
- 6 ounces snow peas
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark-roasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts (optional) or 1⁄4 cup cashews (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat hot chili oil in large deep skillet or wok over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper and bok choy; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and snow peas; simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally 3-5 minutes.
- Add tamari and vinegar.
- Drain noodles; add to skillet with vegetables.
- Add sesame oil; cook 1 minute, tossing well.
- Sprinkle with peanuts or cashews, if desired.