Recipe by Stephanie Z.
I concocted this hummus the other day from a combination of garlic hummus recipes here on Zaar. Since I found it kinda bland, I added a few more spices and the vegetables. I used about a 1/2 cup of vegetables in total. You can really use any combination of vegetables that you want: red pepper, red onion, and celery would also be good!
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese or 1⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons carrots, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon cucumber, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped finely
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mash the garbanzo beans to your desired texture with a potato masher. A fork would also work.
- Add lemon juice, tahini, sesame oil, and ricotta. Mix well.
- Combine garlic, spices, and vegetables with hummus mixture (you may want a bit more or less of each of these depending on your tastes).
- Add black and red pepper to taste.
- Serve with pita and fresh vegetables. This is a great veggie dip!