Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The is a delicious, warming soup that is filling and comforting with crackers and/or a grilled cheese sandwich. The heat can be upped by adding a small can of chopped chili peppers or increasing the black pepper.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 4 stalks celery, sliced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce (1 jar, any kind)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
- Cook first 4 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring until meat crumbles; drain.
- Stir spaghetti sauce and next 5 ingredients into beef mixture; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mixed vegetables and diced tomatoes with green chiles to beef mixture; return mixture to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.