1/1 Photo of Spicy Vegetable Couscous
Missy Wombat's Note:
An easy chickpea and couscous recipe that smells great while you are cooking it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 300 g chickpeas, drained (canned or freshly cooked dried chickpeas)
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2-1 bunch spinach, leaves shredded
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 (440 g) can peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup wine (optional)
- cracked pepper
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups water
- 1Place pine nuts in frying pan and toast lightly for 1 minute.
- 2Add onion, chilli sauce, cumin and ginger and stir over a high heat for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- 3Add chickpeas, capsicum, spinach, zucchini, and carrot, and stir-fry for 4 minutes.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and cook for 4 minutes longer or until vegetables are soft.
- 5Meanwhile prepare couscous.
- 6Place couscous in a serving bowl, pour on boiling water, cover and set aside for 3 minutes.
- 7Use a fork to rake the couscous to separate grains.
- 8Top with vegetable mixture.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Vegetable Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 327.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce