An easy chickpea and couscous recipe that smells great while you are cooking it.
Make and share this Spicy Vegetable Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 300 g chickpeas, drained (canned or freshly cooked dried chickpeas)
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 bunch spinach, leaves shredded
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 (440 g) canpeeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup wine (optional)
- cracked pepper
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups water
- Place pine nuts in frying pan and toast lightly for 1 minute.
- Add onion, chilli sauce, cumin and ginger and stir over a high heat for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add chickpeas, capsicum, spinach, zucchini, and carrot, and stir-fry for 4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for 4 minutes longer or until vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile prepare couscous.
- Place couscous in a serving bowl, pour on boiling water, cover and set aside for 3 minutes.
- Use a fork to rake the couscous to separate grains.
- Top with vegetable mixture.