Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Vegetable stuffed omelet! I have to admit....I've been guilty of throwing some chopped bacon in.....just love meat! But as posted, no meat!
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus. If your asparagus is woody, remove the scales from the stalks with a vegetable peeler or knife. Cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a 10 inch non-stick skillet over medium heat. (You can also use a good seasoned cast iron skillet). Add the asparagus, broccoli, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Cook until crisp tender; stir in garlic powder. Remove vegetable mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the skillet again over medium heat; add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Rotate the skillet to coat the bottom.
- Add eggs. As the mixture starts to cook, gently lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula, and tilt the pan so the uncooked portion flows underneath.
- When it starts to look firm and the bottom is golden, sprinkle the entire egg surface with the cheese. Add the veggies to one side of the omelet, thin flip the omelet over in half, so the veggies are covered. Cover and cook another 2 minutes to allow the cheese to melt over the veggies inside. Enjoy!