Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Hearty soup to scare away the winter chills. Quinoa (Keen-wah) is a high protein grain making this an ideal dish for vegetarians. Once cooked it can be cooled and frozen for upto a month but if you do you MUST use fresh vegetable mix.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons curry paste (korma or madras)
- 1 liter milk
- 750 g frozen mixed vegetables
- 175 g quinoa, rinsed
- simmer onion and curry paste with a splash of water for 5 mins stirring occasionally.
- Heat milk in a pan or microwave.
- place everything in a large pan and bring to boil. simmer for 10 minutes.
- season if desired and serve with naan bread.