Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I wanted a potato salad that would be light and wanted the mayonnaise taste without the fat. I whipped this up and it went over well with the family, so I thought I'd share it here.
- 7 medium red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 cup veganaise vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 -5 tablespoons cholula hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- Boil about 6 cups of water in a large pot. Cut the potatoes into bite size pieces and place in boiling water.
- Meanwhile, mix Veganaise, chili powder, garlic powder and Cholula.
- When potatoes are cooked thoroughly, drain and add celery, scallions and Veganaise mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Note: If you don’t have or don’t like to use the hot sauce, try using a little salsa on top.