Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
from Simply Vegan by Debra Wasserman
- 1 1⁄2 cups nutritional yeast
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat pastry flour or 2⁄3 cup unbleached white flour
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup soy margarine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup hot cherry peppers or 1⁄3 cup other bell pepper, diced
- Mix yeast, flour, and water together in a pot.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils.
- Add margarine.
- Allow to boil for one minute, then remove from heat.
- Add garlic powder, mustard and hot peppers.
- Mix well.
- Serve hot or chilled with crackers, chips or raw vegetables.
- ****Note:It comes out much nicer if you have a whisk.
- I love to use pickled jalapeno wheels. But lately I have been using chili garlic sauce and spreading it over the top in the serving bowl for a layered look.