Big Fat Vegan's Note:
Fast, ferocious and full of delicous asian flavour! I discovered this recipe when trying to magically recreate my favorite take out recipe. It isn't the same thing, but I actually like this a little better. You can find "Mock Duck" (braised gluten) in some major grocery stores or in Asian specialty stores. Serve with rice, rice noodles, shanghai noodles or slip into something a little less traditional like quinoa or spaghetti noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, fineley chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (chilli garlic sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon asian chili powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can Chinese braised gluten
- 1/2 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, peices
- 1/2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashews, chopped
- 1Heat the oils in a wok or large pan over medium heat. Add onions and heat 2-3 minutes.
- 2Add garlic and ginger, sautee for 2 more minutes.
- 3Add the liquid from the gluten, soy sauce, syrup, lime juice, Sambal, and chillies and heat through.
- 4Add gluten peices, and simmer for 2 minutes. Add vegetables and continue to simmer for 5 mintes or until vegetables are a little more than blanched.
- 5Serve over cooked grain or noodle of choice, and garnish with cilantro and cashews.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Vegan Mock Duck Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.1
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1096.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese braised gluten