Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a modified version of a gingerbread recipe that I found in one of my mom's old cookbooks. It's spicy, sweet, and super yummy!
- Mix all of the ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour and a half to two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (f).
- Roll out to ¼" thick on a lightly floured surface, and use cookie cutters to cut the dough.
- Place the cookies on a greased pan, and bake for ten to twelve minutes, until you can touch the cookies without leaving an indentation.
This recipe hit the spot! I was craving chocolate and had no eggs on hand, so I just added vegan chocolate chips to this recipe (my roomie is an unofficial vegan and keeps a lot of vegan-friendly items on-hand). I made 50 smaller cookies, which comes out to about 50 cals each...the texture of the whole wheat flour is divine. Thanks, VeganKitten!
Yummy and low fat! I quartered the recipe and susbstituted the sugar for Splenda and used soya milk intead of water (using a little more than 1/3 cup) but kept the same amount of spices, making 4 big, very spicy cookies, just the right amount for me and my mum. Thanks for a great recipe, next time I'm going to try making smaller cookies and sandwiching them with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting.