- 1 tablespoon coconut fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leeks, slivered or 3 green onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried roasted ground habanero chile pepper
- 30 ounces whole corn (2 Cans)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the coconut fat into the olive oil over low heat. Add the leek and sautee at low temperatures. When it starts to get fragrant, add the chili powder (really just a good pinch, but don't get that stuff in your eye!).
- Open and drain the canned corn into a bowl. Toss corn in the fragrant, oniony oil and let the corn flavor infuse.
- Add the vegetable broth and salt (to taste), if it needs more broth, add the juice poured off from the cans.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.