Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this spicy vegan cheese sauce in veggie wraps, on kale chips, nori rolls, over steamed veggies, as a queso dip, mixed in quinoa, millet and amaranth, over quinoa or brown rice pasta noodles. It’s sublime and the options are endless. From One Green Planet.
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 3 hours, or raw sunflower seeds, also soaked)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (more to taste)
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender.
- Blend till smooth and creamy.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and add more water for preferred consistency.