Recipe by Dancer^
This our friend Gary's recipe. I haven't made them but I have eaten them. Spicy is right but very tasty too. Points 5.
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 4 ounces breadcrumbs
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or 2 chopped chilies
- salt and pepper
- mixed herbs, your favorite
- 2 tablespoons flour
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put half) of the breadcrumbs in a large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop the onion and grate the carrot.
- Fry the onion gently in a tablespoons of oil until softened.
- Add the grated carrot and fry for another 2 or 3 minutes, then add the onions and carrot to the breadcrumbs in the mixing bowl.
- Rinse the kidney and cannellini beans thoroughly and drain.
- Mash them roughly with a fork and stir into the carrot mixture with the chillies, salt and pepper.
- Put the remaining half of breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl with the flour, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Shape the bean mixture into 6 burgers.
- Thoroughly coat each burger in the flour and breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat 3 tbsps. oil in a frying pan, and carefully add 3 burgers.
- Fry each side for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat with the other 3 burgers.