Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Don't worry if your not a spicy food lover, we don't find it spicy at all-
- 1360.77 g boneless bottom round beef roast
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 236.59 ml spicy V8 vegetable juice
- 118.29 ml water
- 14.79 ml prepared horseradish
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml water
- 19.71 ml cornstarch
- In a large Dutch oven brown the roast on all sides in oil.
- Remove roast and drain off excess oil.
- In a bowl combine the garlic, V-8, water, horseradish and the worcestershire sauce.
- Replace the roast in the Dutch oven and pour the combined ingredients over the roast.
- Bake, covered 325' for 2-2 1/2 hours or until very tender.
- Transfer the roast to a warm platter, cover with foil to retain heat.
- For the gravy measure cooking juices; skim away the fat. If necessary add enough water to measure 1-1/2c. Return juices to Dutch oven, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons water and the cornstarch, stir into the juices.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly. Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Serve gravy with the roast.
This was great- thanks LeezaH4! I followed the other reviewer's recommendation and used my crockpot. I browned the roast first and then cooked it on low in the crockpot (with first 7 ingredients) for 8.5 hours. I added some veggies for a 1 dish meal- chopped onion, 1/2 green pepper, 4 carrots (cut in 1 inch pieces) and 6-7 new potatoes. When it finished cooking, I added the cornstarch in the crockpot and put on high for 15 minutes. i will make this one again! And we agreed that this was not spicy.
This was a terrific roast and the gravy was really good. I browned the roast and then placed in the crockpot. It cooked all day and was tender, tasty, & easy. I used horseradish powder as that was what I had on hand. Thank you for sharing your recipe!