Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is adapted from a recipe I got from my food preservation yahoo group.
- 1 lb turkey meat, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hickory liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a marinade dish. Mix together and add
- strips of turkey or beef into marinade.
- Marinade for 8 to 24 hours.
- Take strips out of marinade and towel to remove excess liquid.
- Place on dehydrator trays. Set dehydrator to 165* or higher.
- Dehydrate until jerky is tough/crisp. You don't want it crunchy, but you don't want wet spots either.
- Time varies based on make/model of dehydrator and other conditions.
This is a wonderful recipe.....I can't wait to try it on beef and venison!!!