Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Turkey, kidney beans, chili seasoning and green chiles are popped in a slow cooker with tomatoes and tomato sauce in this easy chili. From eDiets.com Calories: 218.71 Calories from Fat: N/A Total Fat: 3.43 g Saturated Fat: N/A Cholesterol: N/A Sodium: N/A Total Carbohydrate: 30.44 g Dietary Fiber: N/A Sugars: N/A Protein: 16.53 g Vitamin A: N/A Vitamin C: N/A
- 2 (5 ounce) cans turkey meat
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages chili seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a slow cooker, combine turkey (drained), beans, tomatoes, chili seasoning, chile peppers, tomato sauce, diced onion and water. Cook on low 3 to 4 hours. Serve hot.
For an almost completely "pantry" chili, this was very good...... simple and inexpensive, too. I made this as written, but I subbed chicken for the turkey and I used my own chili seasoning instead of packaged. This is great to throw in the slow cooker, and come back later to spicy, simmering chili. Thanx!