Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An excellent turkey chili which can be easily switched to a ground beef chili! Yummy stuff!
- 2 lbs ground turkey or 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (796 ml) can plum tomatoes
- 1 (700 ml) jar tomato sauce
- 1 (540 ml) can kidney beans
- 0.5 (220 ml) can black beans
- 3 tablespoons hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Saute onions and garlic briefly.
- Add ground meat and fry until cooked.
- Add plum tomatoes, sauce, and beans. Stir until blended.
- Add all spices and stir until blended.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1.5-2 hours.
- Serve on top of corn chips or with corn muffins on the side!
I made this recipe last night, but I did not have the hot chili sauce, and it was absolutely delicious! It had a slight spicy aftertaste, but it was very easy to keep eating. I used slightly leaner turnkey and the flavor was full. I would definitely suggest letting it simmer for the full 2 hours, possibly longer to allow the flavors to blend. Great recipe, thank you!
I had 1 3/4 pound of ground turkey, 1 small can of tomato sauce, so I added 1/2 can of tomato paste and only 1 1/2 table spoon of chilly sauce, the rest was of the time I followed the recipe.<br/>My whole family loved it. 5 stars, but for some reason unable to give them
WOW! Was this spicy and I didn't even have any hot chili sauce. I cut the recipe in half, used a can of diced tomatoes and green chilies with the juice, no tomato sauce and it was GREAT! Thanks for this one. Made for Fall PAC 2009.