Recipe by crazycookinmama
This is a nice twist to the normal chili. If you're not a fan of cinnamon, I suggest you omit it or lessen the amount. Very quick as well. Great for a weeknight meal for 2. This comes from the Cooking for 2 Magazine.
- 1⁄4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup canned italian diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble turkey into a saucepan; add onion.
- Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, chili powder, vinegar, worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Garnish with cheese if desired.