Recipe by DrGaellon
Adapted from a recipe by Food Diva at allrecipes.com. The finer you chop the peppers and onion, the less likely your burgers will fall apart. The jalapeno can be replaced by chipotle peppers in adobo sauce; add a tablespoon or so of the sauce to the bowl if you make the swap.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced very fine
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, diced very fine
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in non-stick skillet until shimmering. Add garlic and ginger, and stir until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Add jalapeno peppers and onion, and sauté until peppers and onions are slightly softened and onion is translucent, 3-5 minute Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the ground turkey, cilantro, salt, soy sauce, black pepper, paprika, mustard, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce. Form the mixture into 4 burger patties.
- Cook on a grill heated to high, or under a broiler, 5-10 min per side, until done. Serve with toasted hamburger buns.