Gluten, dairy, egg, and sugar free. Yummy, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans (blended, mashed or whole)
- 2 lbs turkey
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (Ezekiel 4.0 or Brown Rice Bread)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil (chopped)
- olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1-In bowl, put in beans (blended, mashed or whole)
- 2-Add onion, garlic and jalepeno, bread crumbs, salsa, spices and turkey with
- 3the beans and blend. (You can saute onions, garlic and jalepeno if you like,.
- 4but not necessary. If you do drain it or plan on sloppy joes. Good also!).
- 5-Mix 1 Celsius brown rice flour and 1/2 c ground flax seed for coating on plate.
- 6-Make nice size 2.5 or 3 inch patties, They will be a little loose, so put one at
- 7a time on the plate of flour & flax seed. Pull mixture up and over burger with.
- 8fingers. Pick up burger and put in large pre-heated skillet with olive oil.
- 9(They stay together better this way). Continue making burgers until all are
- 11- Medium heat with frequent checking and one turn is best. Make sure they
- 12are thoroughly cooked and a little crispy.
- 13-Be careful turning burgers over. They will be loose, but a wide spatula.
- 14works well.
- 15-The size of your choice depends on the number of servings, but I get about
- 1610 good sized burgers. They are soooo good and great for a crowd or
- 17lunch the next day and sometimes dinner the 2nd. day, too!
- 18-You can substitute ground beef for the turkey. Tastes great also!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Turkey Black Bean Burger Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.2
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 102.9 mg
- Sodium 303.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 40.5 g