Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Gluten, dairy, egg, and sugar free. Yummy, too!
Make and share this Spicy Turkey Black Bean Burger Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans (blended, mashed or whole)
- 2 lbs turkey
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (Ezekiel 4.0 or Brown Rice Bread)
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil (chopped)
- olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- -In bowl, put in beans (blended, mashed or whole)
- -Add onion, garlic and jalepeno, bread crumbs, salsa, spices and turkey with
- the beans and blend. (You can saute onions, garlic and jalepeno if you like,.
- but not necessary. If you do drain it or plan on sloppy joes. Good also!).
- -Mix 1 Celsius brown rice flour and 1/2 c ground flax seed for coating on plate.
- -Make nice size 2.5 or 3 inch patties, They will be a little loose, so put one at
- a time on the plate of flour & flax seed. Pull mixture up and over burger with.
- fingers. Pick up burger and put in large pre-heated skillet with olive oil.
- (They stay together better this way). Continue making burgers until all are
- - Medium heat with frequent checking and one turn is best. Make sure they
- are thoroughly cooked and a little crispy.
- -Be careful turning burgers over. They will be loose, but a wide spatula.
- works well.
- -The size of your choice depends on the number of servings, but I get about
- 10 good sized burgers. They are soooo good and great for a crowd or
- lunch the next day and sometimes dinner the 2nd. day, too!
- -You can substitute ground beef for the turkey. Tastes great also!