Recipe by Vchef607
This is the original recipe, but i like to make it healthier by adding whole wheat pasta. This is moderately spicy, but very delicious.
Top Review by Darkhunter
I agree with you, Vchef607, it is delicious. I did make a mistake and let the sauce simmer too long, so there wasn't much left of the sauce, but everybody said it was great! I think I will probably do it that way again, as the reduced sauce concentrated the flavor. Again, my thanks for posting.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup olive
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Mince garlic and chop shallot. Add oil to a saucepan over medium heat and saute garlic and shallots until browned.
- Add ground turkey and salt and separate into small pieces.
- Add tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Add pepper flakes, roasted peppers, capers, and parsley. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pasta and serve.