Recipe by Chef JessicaRHorne
These tuna wraps were inspired by spicy tuna sushi rolls. We love how they taste with peppery watercress, but other greens, such as arugula, romaine, escarole or even radish sprouts, would taste great in the filling. If you want to play on the sushi inspiration, stir some wasabi into the soy sauce for dipping and serve with pickled ginger. Serve with sliced cucumbers and slivered red onions tossed with rice vinegar, a little oil and a pinch of salt.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, drained (see Notes)
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Sriracha (see Notes)
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 40 inches whole-grain wraps
- 3 cups watercress leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 16 slices
- 1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
- reduced sodium soy sauce, for dipping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.Combine tuna, mayonnaise, hot sauce and scallion in a medium bowl. Combine rice and vinegar in a small bowl.
- 2.Spread one-fourth of the tuna mixture over a wrap. Top with 1/2 cup rice, 3/4 cup watercress, 4 avocado slices and one-fourth of the carrot matchsticks. Roll up and cut the wrap in quarters or in half. Repeat with the remaining filling and wraps. Serve with soy sauce for dipping, if desired.