Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tuna salad with a little bite! Makes a nice change when you want something different for lunch or a quick dinner. Had these with my mom before tackling the shopping crowds this past weekend...we wound up going on a cookbook binge! Serves 1 but can easlily be doubled or adapted to make more servings.
- 1 (6 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 3 -5 tablespoons mayonnaise (depending on how creamy you like it)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 whole wheat pita bread, cut in half
- mesclun, for assembling
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, cilantro,cumin, cayenne, and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours, to let the flavors blend.
- Fill the pita halves with lettuce leaves, then the tuna salad.
I will never again make tuna salad without cilantro.