Tuna salad with a little bite! Makes a nice change when you want something different for lunch or a quick dinner. Had these with my mom before tackling the shopping crowds this past weekend...we wound up going on a cookbook binge! Serves 1 but can easlily be doubled or adapted to make more servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 3 -5 tablespoons mayonnaise (depending on how creamy you like it)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 whole wheat pita bread, cut in half
- mesclun, for assembling
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, cilantro,cumin, cayenne, and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
- 2Cover and chill at least 2 hours, to let the flavors blend.
- 3Fill the pita halves with lettuce leaves, then the tuna salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Tuna Salad Pitas With Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.7
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 1233.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 50.4 g