Recipe by MomLuvs6
Mexican spicy tuna salad made with shredded lettuce, shredded carrots, white onion, serrano chile and avocado. Makes for a light and cool meal. Is served on saltine crackers or tostadas http://mexicanfoodie.com
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna in water
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 serrano chili, diced fine
- 1 medium avocado, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime
- saltine crackers
- 4 tostadas, shells (prepackaged at supermarket)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare all the vegetables and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain the tuna thoroughly and add it to the mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonaise, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Gently mix all of the ingredients until all ingredients are well blended.
- Chill the ingredients in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Serve with the saltine crackers or prepackaged tostadas and quartered limes on the side.