Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
A spicy tuna salad mix for all to enjoy!
- 1 (24 ounce) can tuna
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup chopped & seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 cup roasted garlic salad dressing
- 1⁄3 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup horseradish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 8 slices bread, your choice (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Use mixture to coat slices of your choice of bread and make into sandwiches and enjoy or chill until time to serve!
I love spicy and I love tuna salad, so how I could wrong with this? A robust taste of flavors that only develop deeper the longer it is allowed to maturate in the fridge. I reduced the serving size to .5 on the change servings option above the ingredient list. Even with this change the mayonnaise was still a bit much, and it tended to make the salad bit more mayonnaisey, but other then that, I see the reduction of mayonnaise to 1 tablespoon or even less would behold a perfect tuna salad. This is not for the weak of heart, as it is spicy, but since I love all things spicy and I really truly thought this was balanced very well. Thanks for posting this, abe ray, it was good indeed!
1/3 cup of hot peppers and 1/4 cup of horseradish....that's a LOT of jalapeno and horseradish for that amount of tuna! Much easier to start with something more like a TEASPOON and increase to taste. Same thing with tomato paste...a very rich item.