Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I finally learned how to make this recently at a sushi making party. It is fantastic if you are a sushi lover!
- 1 sheet nori, seaweed
- 4 ounces sushi rice
- 2 ounces sashimi grade tuna, chopped
- 2 teaspoons scallions, sliced thin widthwise
- 2 tablespoons fish roe (flying fish egg)
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger (optional)
- 2 tablespoons wasabi (optional)
- 6 tablespoons soya sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons japanese mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- Place the sheet of seaweed on your working space.
- Take the sushi rice and place on top of the sheet, working it's way down to cover the whole sheet. (NOTE: it is easier to work with sushi rice if your hands are wet).
- Mix all the rest of your ingredients together, along with the Spicy Sauce.
- Flip your seaweed sheet with the sushi rice on it sushi rice down.
- Place the tuna mixed with the other ingredients in the center of the seaweed.
- Roll the seaweed sheet up and around the tuna and then take a bamboo sheet and make sure the roll is compacted and shaped.
- Cut the roll into 4, 6 or 8 pieces.
- Serve with the ginger, wasabi and soy sauce if desired.
It is so much nicer making spicy tuna rolls at home because you can control the heat and flavor.
I added sliced cucumber with the scallions and it was gooooood!