Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe I got from my mother-in-law. A beautiful way to serve up tuna.
- 170.09 g tri-colored pasta, uncooked
- 340.19 g canned tuna, in water
- 118.29 ml yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 118.29 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 59.14 ml diced celery
- 177.44 ml low salt salsa
- 118.29 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 2.46 ml ground red pepper
- 29.58 ml sliced green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directins, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain; rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Combine pasta and tuna and next 3 ingredients.
- Combine salsa, mayo and red pepper.
- Add to pasta mixture; toss.
- Cover and chill.
- If desired, serve in lettuce lined bowl.
- Sprinkle with sliced onions.
Great recipe! I didn't measure the red pepper and I think I may have added too much it had quite a kick to it. I also used what I had on hand. So I didn't add the yellow pepper, green onion or celery. I did use onion powder and celery seed also added cucumber as someone had posted. I will definitely make this again using all the ingredients. Still I really enjoyed this.
This was wonderful. Loved the spicy with the tuna. I made just as stated using whole wheat pasta.
I'm eating it right now!!! I had some "Sweet and Spicy" tuna packs to use and kicked it up a notch (quoth Emeril) with tabasco and extra red pepper. With low-cal Mayo, this is a tasty, healthy meal. Thank you!