Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for the lazy days. You can adjust each ingredient to your desired consistency. I will substitute and go for the low fat or fat free stuff for the cheese and mayo.
- 2 slices of toasted bread
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- crushed red pepper flakes
- garlic powder
- chopped nacho jalapenos or pepperoncini pepper
- Toast the bread.
- Put the cheese on one slice (you may need to microwave for a couple seconds if it doesn't melt enough).
- Mix together tuna and all other ingredients.
- Throw in between bread slices.
- Grab some chips and call it a day.
Yummy! Easy to throw together and the pepper flakes, peppericinis and garlic took it up to super tasty. Will have again. Thnx for posting. Adopted for Spring 2008 PAC.
This was a nice change from the typical tuna salad. I used some canned chopped green chiles I had leftover from another recipe. Used sharp cheddar instead of American cheese (what I had on hand). Also, I used just a 3 oz pouch of tuna and it was more than enough for one sandwich. Thanks for the recipe!
Loved, loved, loved it!!! I used whole grain bread, Tillamook cheddar, decreased the mustard and increased the mayo. The red pepper flakes and jalapeno add a wonderful and spicy kick! Thanks for sharing a great recipe, FKB!