Recipe by Rita~
Just a hint of spice and smokiness from the jalapeño and chipotle, throw in some cooling crunchy cucumbers, tuna and you have a great tuna macaroni salad! For a bit of sweetness Relish can be used in place of the cucumbers.
Top Review by BeckaBoo
We got a huge box of penne from a friend so I'm trying to use it up creatively. This was delicious! I just used penne instead of macaroni - and forgot about the cucumber - but it was still good!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (cooked according to package and rinsed)
- 6 ounces canned tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili sauce or 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper