Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just a hint of spice and smokiness from the jalapeño and chipotle, throw in some cooling crunchy cucumbers, tuna and you have a great tuna macaroni salad! For a bit of sweetness Relish can be used in place of the cucumbers.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (cooked according to package and rinsed)
- 6 ounces canned tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili sauce or 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl mix everything but the macaroni together.
- Add the macaroni and toss to combine well.
- Chill and serve.
We got a huge box of penne from a friend so I'm trying to use it up creatively. This was delicious! I just used penne instead of macaroni - and forgot about the cucumber - but it was still good!
This recipe was pretty good! Without any changes, I felt like it still needed more of a kick. I added an additional TBL of jalapenos and another chile pepper. I also added about a TSP of red hot chili flakes. For freshness, I added a little extra cilantro and a splash of lime juice. Overall a good recipe with room to add some more zip and creativity!
Rita, I am not going to rate your recipe as I had made some significant changes to it! I used whole wheat macaroni...1/2 cup mayonnaise and used aout 1/4 cup of Poppy Seed Dressing...and added a can of garbonzo beans. It made up a huge amount, but that is OK as it will get eaten up for lunches. My DD had suggested adding baby peas. Your recipe is a good base to start of and get creative if you want. Thanks for the idea