Just a hint of spice and smokiness from the jalapeño and chipotle, throw in some cooling crunchy cucumbers, tuna and you have a great tuna macaroni salad! For a bit of sweetness Relish can be used in place of the cucumbers.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (cooked according to package and rinsed)
- 6 ounces canned tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili sauce or 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl mix everything but the macaroni together.
- Add the macaroni and toss to combine well.
- Chill and serve.