Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for afternoon teas, picnics or when you have to bring something along to a party. They always seem to disappear quickly at parties.
- 1 (180 g) canspicy flavoured sandwich tuna
- spreadable cream cheese
- 1⁄4 green capsicum
- 1⁄4 red capsicum
- margarine, for spreading
- 1 white sandwich loaf
- 1 whole wheat sandwich loaf
- Spread a slice of white bread with margarine, top with spicy tuna.
- Spread a slice of wholemeal bread with margarine and cover.
- Top this layer with cream cheese mixed with finely chopped capsicums and top again with a slice of white bread.
- Cut off the crusts as accurately as possible, and then cut long ways into three and then in half (so you end up with 6 little bite-sized sandwiches with 3 layers of bread).
- Makes almost both loaves of sandwich bread.
- You can also mix and match using wholegrain loaf.
- Garnish sandwiches on a tray with parsley and serve.
These were really enjoyed by all, though I did use 225grams of tuna. Thank you Susie T for an enjoyable recipe that contributed to morning tea, made for Bargain Basement.