Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
You can use these wonderful little treats as a appetizer, snack or a light lunch—they are quite yummy.
- 1 (3 ounce) packet solid white tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) canof sliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup of medium thick chunky salsa
- 2 (15 ounce) packages refrigerated pie crusts
- additional salsa (for serving)
- In medium bowl, place tuna, chilies, olives, cheese, egg, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Toss lightly with fork, add 1/4 cup of salsa; toss again and set aside.
- Follow direction on pie crust package. Unfold the crust; cut 4 circles 4 inches each out of each crust. Place the 8 circles on a foil covered baking sheet. Wet the edges of each circle with water. Top each circle with 1/4 cup of lightly packed tuna mixture. Top each with remaining circles (you may have to stretch the top piece slightly to fit). Press edges together and crimp with a fork. Cut slits in top of crust for venting.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and serve with additional salsa.