Recipe by Sonya01
Recipe for 1. Easy lunch. If you want it to be vegetarian, add 1/2 cup of drained chickpeas and omit the tuna.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Delicious, easy-to-make, colourful, low joule (calorie) and almost 1/4 of your daily fibre needs. Wow -- all this in one dish! It makes a fantastic lunch. I used 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning because I didn't have any moroccan, and stirred in 1 teaspoon of butter. In future -- oh, yes, I'll be eating this often -- I'll try the moroccan seasoning and might add an extra tablespoon of lemon, just because I love lemon. Thanks Sonya.
- 1⁄4 cup couscous (45g)
- 1 teaspoon moroccan seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water (60ml)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (95 g) tuna in brine, drained and flaked
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 green capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shredded of fresh mint
- 2 lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place couscous and seasoning into a heatproof bowl.
- Pour over the water while stirring with a fork.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork to separate the grains.
- Add lemon juice, tuna, shallot, tomato, cucumber, capsicum and mint and stir to combine.
- Serve with the lettuce leaves.