Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tuna casserole with a spicy twist! Created as a variation on a recipe found at kraftfoods.com My Homemade Curry Powder is simple and delicious and can be a real money saver!
- 2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (see Homemade Curry Powder)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Cook pasta in salted water and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix mayonnaise and milk together in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- To this base, add cooked pasta, cheese, tuna, curry powder, and peas and mix well. Sprinkle almonds over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
This was VERY YUMMY and an excellent change from the usual cream soup tuna casseroles. Love the curry flavour. It was a little "drier" then most tuna casseroles but still very good. I was thinking next time to add maybe a couple extra spoonfuls of the mayo and milk but after TWO helpings decided it is great just the way it is LOL. LOVE the almonds . I did this recipe for the " My 3 Chefs" contest and it is a keeper for me. Thanks for sharing